The OraSure HCV Grant Program is designed to foster innovative approaches to hepatitis C testing by providing an opportunity to evaluate models that demonstrate the effective use of rapid HCV testing in public health settings. The OraSure HCV Grant Program is not designed with the intent to influence the referral of business or the use or purchase of OraSure products.
The successful proposal will help demonstrate the effective use of rapid HCV screening in identifying positive individuals in a specific public healthcare setting and linking those individuals into care.
All of the following applicants are encouraged to apply:
- Public health entities that have not yet deployed rapid HCV testing
- Public health professionals who are looking at implementing the use of rapid HCV testing in non-traditional settings
- Community-based organizations considering the use of rapid HCV testing in their clinics or outreach events
Grant applications must be completed and submitted by September 1, 2016
Awards and Amounts
Awards will be bestowed to the most qualified applicants and each recipient will receive:
- (up to) 300 OraQuick® HCV Rapid Antibody Test Kits
- (up to) $5,000 in funding to support data collection and analysis
- One application per public health / community-based program.
- The work described in the application must be in the public health field and must propose using rapid HCV testing.
- Applicants who have a relative or member of their household currently employed by OraSure Technologies are ineligible to enter.
- Applicant is responsible for ensuring that all necessary and legally required informed consents, authorizations, approvals, and permission have been obtained in order to participate in this program including any required Internal Review Board (IRB) approvals.
- Applicant agrees that the project will be complete within 1 year of the date of the award being received, if selected as a recipient.
- Institutional overhead costs are restricted to a maximum of 5% of the funds awarded as part of this program.
- Applicants must allow OraSure to publicly announce their name, project name or area of research, and institution or organization if they are selected as a winner.
- OraSure will keep all abstracts, applicant names and institutions, and all information submitted in the program applications process confidential, except in the case of the winners.
- All decisions of the selection committee are final. The selection process is confidential.
- The winner agrees to provide a written progress report on the project after the receipt of the award.
- The winner agrees that within 30 days of the completion date of the project, they will submit a written financial report outlining the use of award funds as well as a written report on all findings, data, results, and information as a result of the project.
- All data from the program must be shared with OraSure, to the extent such information is not subject to patient confidentiality restrictions.
- Applications will only be accepted for consideration if sent to OraSure Technologies via the online application form. All other applications will be rejected and destroyed. Under no circumstances will any materials be returned.
- Applicants agree to comply with the additional OraSure HCV Grant Program terms and conditions.
The OraSure HCV Grant Program submission period has ended.